Welcome to the Law Office of Matthew G. Kaestner.
Attorney Kaestner has fought criminal cases for over 29 years. His vast experience includes successfully defending clients charged with virtually every type of criminal charge from capital murder to white collar and major drug crimes to serious misdemeanors. Mr. Kaestner has handled high publicity cases as well as those where privacy and discretion are the paramount concerns of the client.
For immediate assistance and advice, call attorney Matthew Kaestner directly at (562) 437-0200. Mr. Kaestner personally handles each client's case from arraignment through trial. Attorney Kaestner is a criminal defense attorney in Long Beach with instant credibility and a reputation as an expert in criminal law.
WHAT'S NEW AT THIS SITE FOR FEBRUARY 2015
- Simple possession of hard drugs is now a misdemeanor. The “gay-rage” defense is no longer allowed in California. The CDCR must create a program to give state prisoners condoms. These and other new laws for 2015 are discussed in Long Beach criminal defense attorney Matthew Kaestner’s new page entitled “New Laws in California for 2015. (Read More.)
- Another "Not Guilty" verdict at jury trial on October 10, 2014 for Long Beach criminal defense attorney Matthew Kaestner. Attorney Kaestner's client was acquitted of child abuse by a Westminster jury. (People v. EM, Case No. 14WM03470.)
- On March 28, 2014, Long Beach criminal lawyer, Matthew Kaestner received another "Not Guilty" at the murder trial of Sirrell D. Murray (Case No. BA388606). Although the government tried at three trials to get a murder conviction, Mr. Kaestner's client was found "not guilty" of murder and convicted only of voluntary manslaughter after strangling his cellmate at the county jail.
- In November of 2014, California Voters passed Proposition 47. This initiative reduced simple drug possession from a felony to a misdemeanor, and made virtually all theft offenses with losses less than $950, misdemeanor offenses. This change in law applies to persons currently charged or serving a sentence or on probation. Persons convicted in the past can apply to designate their felony to be a misdemeanor.
- Long Beach criminal law specialist, attorney Matthew Kaestner has a new video providing tips on how to select the best criminal lawyer for your case Watch it now.
- If Google reviews are important to you, read the reviews for Long Beach criminal defense attorney Matthew Kaestner. (Click here.)
Long Beach criminal defense lawyer, attorney Matthew Kaestner, is a board certified criminal law specialist. He has over 29 years of experience aggressively fighting criminal cases. From his office in Long Beach, Mr. Kaestner practices in Los Angeles County and surrounding Courts. He is expert in the defense of cases charging: murder, attempted murder, robbery, assault, domestic violence, three strikes, white collar crime, conspiracy, gang cases, manufacturing and distribution of drugs, fraud, embezzlement, identity theft, drunk driving (DUI), and others. He has vast expertise fighting search warrants and wiretaps. When you need an expert criminal lawyer in Long Beach, call attorney Kaestner.