Welcome to the Law Office of Matthew G. Kaestner.
Attorney Kaestner has fought criminal cases for over 29 years. His vast experience includes successfully defending clients charged with virtually every type of criminal charge from capital murder to white collar and major drug crimes to serious misdemeanors. Mr. Kaestner has handled high publicity cases as well as those where privacy and discretion are the paramount concerns of the client.
For immediate assistance and advice, call attorney Matthew Kaestner directly at (562) 437-0200. Mr. Kaestner personally handles each client's case from arraignment through trial. Attorney Kaestner is a criminal defense attorney in Long Beach with instant credibility and a reputation as an expert in criminal law.
WHAT'S NEW AT THIS SITE FOR JULY 2015
- Another acquittal for Long Beach criminal defense attorney, Matthew Kaestner occurred on March 17, 2015. Attorney Kaestner's client, was charged with murder, conspiracy, and attempted murder in a notorious Christmas Day shooting in 2010 that left one dead and four others seriously injured in the Echo Park area of Los Angeles. The trial judge stated on the record that the prosecution's star witness had been "completely destroyed" after attorney Kaestner's cross-examination. After 12 days in trial, attorney Kaestner's client went home acquitted of all charges. (People v. Rafael C., Case No. BA417858-04.)
- This acquittal followed another "Not Guilty" verdict at jury trial on October 10, 2014. In this trial, attorney Kaestner's client was acquitted of child abuse by a Westminster jury. (People v. EM, Case No. 14WM03470.)
- Simple possession of hard drugs is now a misdemeanor. The “gay-rage” defense is no longer allowed in California. The CDCR must create a program to give state prisoners condoms. These and other new laws for 2015 are discussed in Long Beach criminal defense attorney Matthew Kaestner’s new page entitled “New Laws in California for 2015. (Read More.)
- In November of 2014, California Voters passed Proposition 47. This initiative reduced simple drug possession from a felony to a misdemeanor, and made virtually all theft offenses with losses less than $950, misdemeanor offenses. This change in law applies to persons currently charged or serving a sentence or on probation. Persons convicted in the past can apply to designate their felony to be a misdemeanor.
- Long Beach criminal law specialist, attorney Matthew Kaestner has a new video providing tips on how to select the best criminal lawyer for your case Watch it now.
- If Google reviews are important to you, read the reviews for Long Beach criminal defense attorney Matthew Kaestner. (Click here.)
Long Beach criminal defense lawyer, attorney Matthew Kaestner, is a board certified criminal law specialist. He has over 29 years of experience aggressively fighting criminal cases. From his office in Long Beach, Mr. Kaestner practices in Los Angeles County and surrounding Courts. He is expert in the defense of cases charging: murder, attempted murder, robbery, assault, domestic violence, three strikes, white collar crime, conspiracy, gang cases, manufacturing and distribution of drugs, fraud, embezzlement, identity theft, drunk driving (DUI), and others. He has vast expertise fighting search warrants and wiretaps. When you need an expert criminal lawyer in Long Beach, call attorney Kaestner.