Welcome to the Law Office of Matthew G. Kaestner.
Attorney Kaestner has fought criminal cases for over 30 years. His vast experience includes successfully defending clients charged with virtually every type of criminal charge from capital murder to white collar and major drug crimes to serious misdemeanors. Mr. Kaestner has handled high publicity cases as well as those where privacy and discretion are the paramount concerns of the client.
For immediate assistance and advice, call attorney Matthew Kaestner directly at (562) 437-0200. Mr. Kaestner personally handles each client's case from arraignment through trial. Attorney Kaestner is a criminal defense attorney in Long Beach with instant credibility and a reputation as an expert in criminal law.
WHAT'S NEW AT THIS SITE FOR FEBRUARY 2019
- MORE DISMISSALS. On October 29, 2018, Long Beach criminal attorney Mathew Kaestner achieved the complete dismissal of a client’s 23 year old conviction for multiple drug sale and possession for sale charges. The dismissal followed a successful motion to set aside the conviction. Client J.M. now has a clean record. (P v. Jorge M., Case No. NA024520.) In a 15 day period from September 15 through October 3, 2018, Long Beach criminal attorney Mathew Kaestner had a client’s domestic violence case thrown out after proving the client was innocent, and a hit and run case dismissed after a successful speedy trial motion. (Case nos. 8LB02217; 5BF06107.)
- On October 20, 2017, Long Beach criminal lawyer Matthew Kaestner heard a Los Angeles jury say “NOT GUILTY” on each of 2 criminal threat charges his client faced. Despite the fact that the death threats were videotaped in a 7-11 and that the jury heard that the client had a prior conviction for criminal threats, client Michael W. went home a free man rather than facing a possible 12year sentence. (People v. Michael W., Case No. BA455514.)
- New criminal laws in California for 2019 include new limitations on the liability of accomplices in murder cases, criminalize intentionally distributing false information about an election, and eliminate the bail system in California as of October of 2019. Long Beach criminal lawyer Matthew Kaestner’s new page is the best way to get caught up on new criminal laws for 2019 in California. (Read More.)
- Adult use, possession, and cultivation of marijuana is now legal under many circumstances in California. However, much marijuana activity is still illegal. Long Beach attorney Matthew Kaestner explains the ins and outs of the new law. (Read More.)
- If Google reviews are important to you, read the reviews for Long Beach criminal defense attorney Matthew Kaestner. (Click here.)
- If Yelp reviews are important to you, read the Yelp reviews for Long Beach criminal attorney, Matthew Kaestner. (Click here.)
Long Beach criminal defense lawyer, attorney Matthew Kaestner, is a board certified criminal law specialist. He has over 30 years of experience aggressively fighting criminal cases. From his office in Long Beach, Mr. Kaestner practices in Los Angeles County and surrounding Courts. He is expert in the defense of cases charging: murder, attempted murder, robbery, assault, domestic violence, three strikes, white collar crime, conspiracy, gang cases, manufacturing and distribution of drugs, fraud, embezzlement, identity theft, drunk driving (DUI), and others. He has vast expertise fighting search warrants and wiretaps. When you need an expert criminal lawyer in Long Beach, call attorney Kaestner.