Welcome to the Law Office of Matthew G. Kaestner.
Attorney Kaestner has fought criminal cases for over 30 years. His vast experience includes successfully defending clients charged with virtually every type of criminal charge from capital murder to white collar and major drug crimes to serious misdemeanors. Mr. Kaestner has handled high publicity cases as well as those where privacy and discretion are the paramount concerns of the client.
For immediate assistance and advice, call attorney Matthew Kaestner directly at (562) 437-0200. Mr. Kaestner personally handles each client's case from arraignment through trial. Attorney Kaestner is a criminal defense attorney in Long Beach with instant credibility and a reputation as an expert in criminal law.
WHAT'S NEW AT THIS SITE FOR MARCH 2018
- Another "Not Guilty" at jury trial for Long Beach criminal lawyer Matthew Kaestner. Attorney Kaestner's client was charged with 2 criminal threats after video taped evidence showed him making threats in a 7-11. The court also allowed the D.A. to introduce evidence of the client's prior conviction for criminal threats. Fully vindicating Kaestner's client, the Los Angeles jury returned two "Not Guilty" verdicts. A likely 12 year sentence was avoided. (People v. Michael W., Case No. BA455514.)
- The year 2017 was a good one for clients of Long Beach criminal attorney, Matthew Kaestner including an 11 day run in July that resulted in the dismissal of 3 separate felony cases for clients in Long Beach. One dismissal took attorney Kaestner 27 days to achieve after a prior attorney told the client to take a “7 year deal.” (P v. Gustavo P., Case No. NA105954.) Five days later, attorney Kaestner negotiated a misdemeanor, no time, resolution on a felon with a firearm charge. (P v. Oscar L., Case No. NA10674.) Six days later, attorney Kaestner persuaded a judge on a P.C. 995 motion that a client lawfully possessed a gun in a private, non-public area of a front yard. The felony case was completely dismissed. (P v. Juan H., Case No. NA106318.)
- New laws for 2018 include a law that allow a judge to dismiss a gun use allegation “in the interests of justice” while another law allows certain witnesses to use “support dogs” while testifying. Long Beach criminal lawyer Matthew Kaestner’s new page is the best way to get caught up on new criminal laws for 2018 in California. (Read More.)
- Adult use, possession, and cultivation of marijuana is now legal under many circumstances in California. However, much marijuana activity is still illegal. Long Beach attorney Matthew Kaestner explains the ins and outs of the new law. (Read More.)
- If Google reviews are important to you, read the reviews for Long Beach criminal defense attorney Matthew Kaestner. (Click here.)
- If Yelp reviews are important to you, read the Yelp reviews for Long Beach criminal attorney, Matthew Kaestner. (Click here.)
Long Beach criminal defense lawyer, attorney Matthew Kaestner, is a board certified criminal law specialist. He has over 30 years of experience aggressively fighting criminal cases. From his office in Long Beach, Mr. Kaestner practices in Los Angeles County and surrounding Courts. He is expert in the defense of cases charging: murder, attempted murder, robbery, assault, domestic violence, three strikes, white collar crime, conspiracy, gang cases, manufacturing and distribution of drugs, fraud, embezzlement, identity theft, drunk driving (DUI), and others. He has vast expertise fighting search warrants and wiretaps. When you need an expert criminal lawyer in Long Beach, call attorney Kaestner.